You can setup Eddy Bridge on either (a) Raspberry Pi 4 (b) Raspberry Pi 3 or (c) Raspberry Pi Zero W. Setting up Eddy Bridge should take 10-30 minutes depending on your network speed. There are 3 basic steps to setup and link you account with Eddy Voice Remote.
Note: Eddy Bridge is headless, so you do NOT need a keyboard, mouse, or monitor. You interact with Eddy Bridge via the local website.
Step 1. Flashing Eddy Bridge Image
- Download the corresponding hardware image
- Firmware Updates can be downloaded here.
- Extract the .sdcard file using 7-zip or your favorite compression software
- Use Etcher to Flash “eddy_bridge.sdcard” on a Micro SD card.
Step 2. Setting up Eddy Bridge
- Insert the Micro SD card in your Raspberry Pi and wait 15 seconds
- Connect to the newly created Wifi called “Eddy Bridge” using the password “eddyeddy“
- Using any device on the same network as your Raspberry Pi, Navigate to http://eddy.local or http://10.0.0.1
- If you want to setup wifi then click on “Wifi Setup”
- Select your Wireless Network
- Enter your password
Step 3. Linking your account (Optional)
- Click on the “Link Account” button and Sign in.
- Click on the “Accept” button to link your Eddy Bridge to your account
Eddy Bridge includes a 30 day trial of Eddy Voice Remote. After the 30 days you need to link your account by going to http://eddy.local or http://10.0.0.1 and clicking on Link Account. You can use the hombridge part of Eddy Bridge at no cost.